Cyclerie Jobs - Summer Camp Instructor
Summer Camp Instructor
Cyclerie has been running bike camps since 2020. In 2022, we opened a retail store in downtown, the first community bike shop in Erie, CO. We’re the local hub for all things cycling and the epitome of that welcoming, knowledgeable place where every cyclist - beginner or advanced- wants to be.
For consideration send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you love kids, you enjoy cycling, and you often find yourself having adventures outside, this position could be right for you!
Cyclerie is hiring instructors for our summer day camps in Erie, CO. We enable school-aged children to embrace active outdoor lifestyles through cycling and outdoor activities. Our camp instructors are paramount to our team, providing support, mentorship, and instruction to our campers with excitement and enthusiasm. Our provided training will equip you with the hard and soft skills you need to succeed in this position. We are seeking team members who share our core values and will:
- Value exercise and being healthy
- Value creating a positive experience for all children enrolled in Cyclerie programs
- Promote a fun and safe environment
- Lead daily activities with enthusiasm and interest
- Looking for and identifying different animals, plants, and insects
- Helping children develop cycling-specific skills through drills and games
- Teaching children the basics of outdoor preparedness
- Teaching children to ride bicycles
- Organizing and creating crafts and games
- Teaching bicycle safety and etiquette
- Communicating notes and updates to parents
- Monitoring children's whereabouts and basic needs
- Serving as a role model to guide children by exhibiting mature behavior, appropriate attitude, and clear communication
- Co-lead off-site activities at designated recreation areas and trails
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our camps.
- Minimum of Basic/Community First Aid & CPR prior to the start of camp
- Must be at least 16 years of age by the start of camp
- Share our passion for inspiring kids to get outside and on bikes!
- 1+ years of experience working with groups of school-aged kids through volunteering, school, babysitting, etc.
- Personal experience in cycling and trail riding preferred
- Job dates: Training starts in mid-early May
- Camp programs run from late May through July with some weeks off in between
- Work week: Monday - Friday, about 20 hours/week.
- Must have transportation, bicycle, helmet and appropriate gear
- Hourly pay starts at $17.50/hr - $19.50/hr DOE (Wilderness First Aid certifications will earn more)