No matter what your finish line is—Arrowhead, Iditarod, your favorite winter bonfire hangout—you’ll get there faster on a Beargrease. The carbon fiber frameset shaves weight and delivers excellent power transfer. The extra diameter of 27.5” wheels over 26” means more momentum and rollover capability. Bottle and cargo mounts on the frame and fork make it easier to fuel your rides. Shimano’s SLX groupset rounds out this carbon fiber fat tire bike with smooth, reliable performance for racing and trail rides.
- HIGH-MODULUS CARBON FIBER FRAME: This material offers improved stiffness, better vibration damping, excellent durability, and weight savings compared to other frame materials
- BEARGREASE GEOMETRY: A long front/center, short stem, and wide bars, and 440 mm chainstays create room to move and add confidence while maneuvering on tight trails. This geometry results in a fat bike that rides like a trail bike. It is stable, steers well in loose conditions, and remains nimble and agile despite the massive wheels and tires. The low bottom bracket height is also key to keeping the rider’s center of gravity low, which makes dabbing, dismounting, and remounting easier
- 27.5 x 3.8" WHEEL & TIRE SIZE: Beargrease rolls on 27.5 x 3.8" wheels and tires. For groomed snow or dirt, this diameter provides increased rollover, a longer contact patch, and the flotation of a 3.8" tire without the added rolling resistance when compared to a 26" wheel
- KINGPIN FORK: Featuring carbon construction with an aluminum steerer, the Kingpin Fork is lightweight and durable, and features an amazing array of accessory bosses to help you make the most of your Beargrease fat bike: Dual sets of Three-Pack bosses on each leg accept bottle cages or our Anything Cage accessories; Lowrider mounts work with our Down Under front rack for a traditional touring setup; Internal dynamo hub wire routing keeps the front end clean for those upgrading to dyno hubs; 150 x 15mm thru-axle design boosts stiffness and aids in solid tracking on the trail
- FRONT WHEEL & TIRE OPTIONS: The fork included with this frame works with the following wheel and tire combinations: 26 x 3.8–5" on up to a 100 mm rim / 27.5 x 3.0–4.0" on an 80 mm rim
- REAR WHEEL & TIRE OPTIONS: The Beargrease Carbon frame is compatible with the following wheel, tire, and rim sizes: 26 x 4.3–4.6" on up to a 100 mm rim / 27.5 x 3.0–4.0" on an 80 mm rim / 29 x 2.3–3.0" on a 50 mm rim
- OPTIMAL DRIVETRAIN DESIGN WITH NARROW Q-FACTOR CRANKS: The Beargrease Carbon frame is designed for the best of all drivetrain performance while maintaining narrow fat bike crank arms for less knee stress: 197 mm symmetrical rear end for modern rim and tire fit / 100 mm threaded bottom bracket / Rider-friendly narrow Q-factor cranks / 1x optimized frame design / Up to a 32t max chainring
- INTERNAL SLEEVED CABLE ROUTING: The Beargrease Carbon frame features fully sleeved, internal cable routing. This improves shifting performance in poor conditions, increases time between maintenance intervals, and makes running new cables and housing a breeze
- DROPPER POST COMPATIBLE WITH STEALTH ROUTING: Compatible with 30.9 mm dropper posts for true trail bike riding experiences
- REAR RACK COMPATIBLE: Designed for use with the Salsa Alternator 170/177 Rear Rack, with the addition of a Salsa Rack-Lock seat collar
- MULTIPLE ACCESSORY FRAME MOUNTS: Beargrease features numerous accessory mounts: Top tube mounts accommodate K-Edge Top Tube Mount for bike computers or the Salsa EXP Series Direct Mount Top Tube Bag / 2 water bottle mounts inside frame triangle / 1 accessory mount underneath downtube
- ON-BIKE STORAGE: Carry more on your bike and less on your body. Frames and forks feature mounts for extra bottles, camping gear, and ride accessories
Visit SalsaCycles for complete specifications.